Stenographer Grade-I Recruitment Rules 2018 in Dept of Posts
Department of Posts has forwarded the copy of Stenographer Grade-I Recruitment Rules 2018 notified in the Official gazette of India to all Postmasters Generals. The same is reproduced below
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
DAk Bhawan, Sansad Marg,
New Delhi, dated 01-05-2018
1. All Chief Postmasters General
2. All Postmasters General
3. Director, PSCI, Ghaziabad
Subject : Department of Posts ( Stenographer Grade-I) Recruitment Rules, 2018
I am directed to forward herewith a copy of recruitment rules for the post of Stenographer Grade-I dated 17-4-2018 notified in the Official gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part-II, Section 3, Sub -Section(i)
2. It is requested that the provisions of recruitment rules may be brought to the notice of all concerned
(Satya Narayana Dash)
Assistant Director General (SPN)
MINISTRY OF COMMUNICATIONS
(Department of Posts)
New Delhi, the 17th April, 2018
G.S.R. 375(E).—In exercise of the powers conferred by the proviso to article 309 of the Constitution, and in supersession of the Department of Posts (Stenographer Grade I) Recruitment Rules, 2001 and Posts and Telegraphs (Stenographers Grade II) Recruitment Rules, 1981, except as respects things done or omitted to be done before such supersession, the President hereby makes the following rules regulating the method of recruitment to the posts of Stenographer Grade I in the Department of Posts, Ministry of Communications, namely:—
1. Short title and Commencement.—(1) These rules may be called the Department of Posts (Stenographer Grade-I) Recruitment Rules, 2018.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the official Gazette.
2. Number of posts, their classification and Level in the Pay Matrix.—The number of posts, their classification and Level in the Pay Matrix attached thereto shall be as specified in columns (2) to (4) of the Schedule annexed to the rules.
3. Method of recruitment, age limit, qualifications, etc.— The method of recruitment, age limit, qualifications and other matters relating to the said post shall be as specified in columns (5) to (13) of the said Schedule.
4. Disqualification.—No person,–
(a) Who, has entered into or contracted a marriage with a person having a Spouse living; or.
(b) Who, having a spouse living, has entered into or contracted a marriage with any person, shall be eligible for appointment to the said post:
Provided that the Central Government may, if satisfied that such marriage is permissible under the personal law applicable to such person and the other party to the marriage and that there are other grounds for so doing, exempt any person from the operation of this rule.
5. Power to Relax.—Where the Central Government is of the opinion that it is necessary or expedient so to do, it may, by order, and for reasons to be recorded in writing, and in consultation with the Union Public Service Commission relax any of the provisions of these rules with respect of any class or category of persons.
6. Saving.— Nothing in these rules shall affect reservations, relaxation of age limit and other concessions required to be provided for the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, the Ex-serviceman, Other Backward Classes and other special categories of persons in accordance with the orders issued by the Central Government from time to time in this regard ….