Government of India
Ministry of Personnel P.G & pensions
Department of Personnel and Training
North Block, New Delhi
Sub: Simplification in finalizing/amending of Recruitment Rules on cases emerging out of grant of exemption from consultation with UPSC.
The undersigned is directed to say that the process of finalizing/amending of RRs for any post involves consultation with the RR division of DoPT, UPSC and thereafter vetting by the Legislative Department. The matter regarding the need to follow this procedure for carrying out amendments in the RRs for giving effect to the decision of the competent authority exempting certain posts or category of posts from consultation with UPSC, has been reviewed with a view to simplification of the procedure.
- Empowered Committee Report is Submitted to Union Cabinet..?!
- 7th Pay Commission Arrears after the Notification issued
- NCJCM Staff Side sought PM intervention to settle 7th CPC Issues
- Pay Fixation in 7th Pay Commission
- Calculator for 7th CPC Arrears upto June 2016
2. All the proposals regarding exemption of posts or category of post from consultation with UPSC are processed after holding prior consultation with UPSC. If there is a disagreement with the views of UPSC, the same is resolved with the approval of the competent authority. After the approval of the competent authority, a notification is also issued exempting posts or category of posts from consultation with UPSC. Therefore, if the amendment is limited to incorporation of the provision relating to exemption from consultation with UPSC for which a notification has already been issued by DoP&T, then consultation with RR Division of DOPT and UPSC once again is not considered necessary.
3. The Competent Authority has therefore decided that the process of again consulting DoPT and UPSC for amending the Recruitment Rules (on limited issue of exemption from consultation) is not necessary. The Ministries/Departments may amend column 13 of the Recruitment Rules for effecting the notifications issued by Estt B Division of this Department regarding exemption of certain posts/category of posts from consultation with UPSC after vetting by the Legislative Department.
4. However, if any other changes are to be made in the RR, then before finalization of the RR, the procedure for consultation with RR Division of DoPT, UPSC and vetting by Legislative Department may be followed.