Recruitment of Stenographers Grade D’ in CSSS through Stenographers Grade ‘C’ & ‘D’Examination, 2011 conducted by Staff SeLection Commission (SSC) – nomination of qualified candidates
Government of India
Ministry of PersonneL, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel and Training
3rd Floor, Lok Nayak Bhawan,
Khan Market, New DeLhi-liD 003.
Date: 15th May, 2012.
Subject: Recruitment of Stenographers Grade D’ in CSSS through Stenographers Grade ‘C’ & ‘D’Examination, 2011 conducted by Staff SeLection Commission (SSC) – nomination of qualified candidates – reg.
The undersigned is directed to say that based on the results of the Stenographers Grade ‘C’ &‘D’ Examination-2011, the Staff Selection Commission recommended 353 candidates for appointmentas Steno Grade ‘D’ in CSSS. The examination dossiers of aforesaid 353 (General -174, SC-62, ST-7, OBC-110 ) candidates have been received in this Department for appointment to the Stenographer Grade ‘D’ of CSSS for the Select List Year-2011. Accordingly, they are nominated to the different Cadre Units of CSSS as listed in the Annexure to this O.M. in the order of their merit for appointment as Steno Grade ‘D’ of CSSS.
2. Since these candidates have neither been medicaLly examined nor have their character and antecedents been verified, the Cadre Units are requested to complete their pre-appointment formalities before they are actually appointed as Steno Grade ‘D’ latest by 15th June, 204.,
3. In accordance with ‘Instructions for the candidates’ relating to this Examination, qualified candidates are required to submit their original certificates for verification to the authority who will give them the Offer of appointment. The appointing authorities may, therefore, call for the original certificates and check the relevant particulars from them regarding date of birth, educational qualifications, cLaims for OBC/SC/ST/Ex- servicemen/PH and claim in respect of age relaxation. If any
discrepancy is found in any particular case, the SSC may be informed accordingly and copy of the same may also be endorsed to this Department.
4. In pursuance of the instructions contained in para 2.5 of the brochure regarding reservation in service for Scheduled Castes and ScheduLed Tribes circulated with the Ministry of Home Affairs O.M.No.1/2/61-SCT (I) dated 27th ApriL 1962, the responsibility for verification of the claims of the SC/ST/OBC candidates is that of the appointing authority. The candidates may, accordingly, be offered appointments provisionally subject to their furnishing the prescribed caste certificate in the prescribed form within a reasonable time, which should be verified by the appointing authority.
5. In cases where the candidates are already employed in the Government offices, the Offer of appointment may be sent to them through their respective offices. As soon as a candidate is taken on the strength of the Ministries/Departments after completion of pre appointment formalities, a copy of his/her Office Order indicating the date of his/her joining the duty may be intimated along with his/her roll number and rank number to this Department.
6. The Offer of appointment should be sent only by Registered Post. If the postal authorities return the letter undelivered, the Letter along with the envelope containing remarks by the postal authorities should be retained for record. In such cases, a copy of the Offer of appointment should be sent to the permanent address of the candidate, if it is dIfferent from that of the initial mailing address. The dossiers of such candidates should be returned to the SSC only if the second letter is also returned undelivered under intimation to this Department.
7. At least five weeks time from the date of issue of the Offer of appointment should be gwen to a candidate to respond to the Offer of appointment. A registered reminder may be sent immediately after the expiry of five weeks time, if necessary. If the candidate does not join duty within 3 months from the date of first Letter, his candidature may be cancelled. However, if the candidate further makes a request for extension of joining time and on consideration by the Cadre Unit, it is decided to grant him/her extension beyond 3 months, he/she may be asked to join within the stipulated time and he/she may also be informed that on joining the post his/her seniority would be determined as per provision made in DOP&T O.M. No. 9/23/71-Estt.(D) dated 6.6.78 as amended vide O.M. No.35015/2/93-Estt(8) dated 9.8.1995.
8. The dossiers of candidates are forwarded herewith and these should be retained, on their appointment, in the Ministry/Department/Office, as part of their Service Book. It may specialLy be noted that the dossier shaLt be deemed to be authentic only if the photograph of the candidate in the dossier is EMBOSSED with the special stamp of the SSC. Before taking any further action, it may pLease be ensured that the photograph of the candidate in the dossier is duly embossed and in case any discrepancy is noticed, the matter may be referred to the SSC without any delay.
9. If any candidate faLls to report for duty or there is no response or the Offer is declined, after a registered reminder, the Offer of appointment should formally be canceLled and the candidate be informed accordingly. The dossiers of such candidates should be returned thereafter to the Staff SeLection Commission directly under intimation to this Department after placing a copy each of the Offer of appointment, reminder thereof and the canceLlation memo, in the respective dossier. The dossier(s) should be returned under the signature of the officer to whom the same were sent in your
office. He/She should also sign the list of dossier(s) which is/are returned with the Letter.
10. These Steno Grade ‘D’ would be nominated for induction training in the ISTM shortly. The dates of the induction training programme would be intimated to all the Cadre Units in due course. All the Cadre Units shall relieve their Stenographers Grade ‘D’ for the induction training programme at the ISTM as and when they are nominated.
11. AlL Cadre Units of CSSS are requested to ensure that in case some staff have been outsourced for stenographic assistance by showing the vacancies of Steno Grade ‘D’, the same may be reduced proportionately keeping in view the number of Steno Grade ‘D’ nominated to the respective Cadre Units. The FinanciaL Advisers of aLL the Cadre Units are also requested to ensure that outsourced stenographic assistance is proportionateLy reduced as the nominated Steno Grade ‘D’ join in the Cadre Unit.
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India
Source : DOPT