Declaration of Assets and Liabilities will be placed in Public domains of Ministries
Submission of declaration of assets and liabilities by the public servants for each year and placing the same in public domain on the websites of the Ministries/Departments
F. No. 11013/3/2014-Estt(A)
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Personnel and Training
North Block, New Delhi
Dated July 23,2014
Subject: The Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act. 2013 – Submission of declaration of assets and liabilities by the public servants for each year and placing the same in public domain on the websites of the Ministries/Departments
The undersigned is directed to refer to the subject mentioned above and to say that the Government has notified the Public Servants (Furnishing of Information and Annual Return of Assets and Liabilities and the limits for Exemption of Assets in Filing Returns) Rules, 2014 under the Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act. 2013. on 14.07.2014. The same is available on this Department’s website at http://persmin.nic.in/Lokpal/Homepage/New.asp.
2. As per the said Act and the Rules framed thereunder. every public servant shall file declarations. information or return. as the case may be regarding his assets and liabilities as on the 31st day of March every year to the competent authority, on or before the 31st day of July of that year. It may be noted that as per Section 2(1)(0) of the Act, “Public Servant” means a person referred to in clauses (a) to (h) of sub-sectlon (1) of section 14 of the Act but does not include a public servant in respect of whom the jurisdiction is exercisable by any court or other authority under the Army Act, 1950 the Air Force Act, 1950, the Navy Act. 1957 and the Coast Guard Act. 1978 or the procedure is applicable to such public servant under those Acts.
3. It may also be noted that the definition of public servant covers all Central Government servants (Groups A. B and C). Therefore, all Central Government servants are required to file the declaration. This is an important difference from the Central Civil Services (Conduct) Rules 1964 and may kindly be noted.
4. As per these Rules, the public servants who have filed declarations, information and annual returns of property under the provisions of the rules applicable to such public servants shall file the revised declarations, information or as the case may be annual returns as on the 1st day of August, 2014, to the competent authority on or before the 15th day of September 2014. All Ministries/Departments are accordingly requested to please bring the provisions of the Public Servants (Furnishing of Information and annual Return of Assets and Liabilities and the limits for Exemption of Assets in Filing Returns) Rules. 2014 to the notice of all concerned for compliance.
5. Formal amendment to the Central Civil Services (Conduct) Rules 1964 will be made in due course.
6. Hindi version will follow
source : DOPT