Holiday Homes Booking Doubts and Answers
Frequently Asked Questions regarding on-line booking of Holiday Homes/Tourist Officers Hostels
1. Who can apply for booking of Holiday Homes
The booking is released on ‘first-come first serve’ basis. After submission of online application and successful payment booking ID No. is generated. However, Priority shall be given in the following order:
a. Sitting Member of Parliament
b. Serving Central Govt. Employees
c. Retired Central Govt. Employees
d. Serving/Retired employees of State Governments/Union Territories / Central PSUs/ Autonomous/ Statutory
2. How the booking is confirmed?
The booking of Holiday Homes is confirmed after successful completion of filling up of required details on-line and payment of requisite booking charges. The confirmation slip with allotted room no. is generated and has to be verified by the concerned office administration.
3. Does the confirmation required to be submitted to the Directorate of Estates?
There is no need to send the copy of the confirmation slip to the Directorate of Estates.
The applicant may directly go to the allotted Holiday Homes along with the verified confirmation slip duly attested by his/her office and his/her I.D. Cards/Self-attested copy of Pensioners Pay Order.
4. Is there any time Limit for Submission of Online Application?
Serving Central Government employees can apply online within 60 days from the Check-in date,
Retired Central Govt. Employees can apply online within 30 days from the Check-in date and Serving/ Retired employees of State Govt./ Union Territories/PSUs/Statutory/ Autonomous Bodies under the Central/State/ UT can apply within 15 days from the Check In-date.
5. Is there any procedure for refund of payment in case of cancellation of booking or non occupation of booked rooms of Holiday Homes by the applicant?
There is no provision for refund of reservation charges even if the accommodation is not occupied or partly occupied or vacated early.
No correspondence regarding refund of booking charges will be entertained either by the Directorate of Estates or the concerned Holiday Home.
6. Can anyone book more than one room in his/her name on the same dates?
No, Only one room/suite will be booked in the name of one Government servant/family.
7. For how many days, booking for holiday homes can be done at once?
Accommodation is provided for a period not exceeding 5 nights except at Holiday Homes/Guest Houses at Mussoorie, Goa and Udaipur where the period of stay has been restricted to 3 nights maximum.
8.Whether offline application for booking of holiday homes is still accepted?
No, there is no provision of accepting the booking of holiday homes in offline mode where online booking has been started by the Directorate of Estates.
9. Can anyone transfer his booking to any other person?
No, there is no provision of transferring the booking to any other person. Entry will be provided to those whose names appear on the confirmation slip of the booking.
10. What is the capacity of rooms?
The capacity of double bedded rooms is 4 persons including two children in the double bedded rooms while capacity of four bedded rooms is 6 persons including two children.
Persons exceeding the limit will not be allowed entry or provided services over and above the capacity of rooms.
11. Can any person be allowed to avail his booking without his ID Card or Copy of PPO?
NO, he/she will not be allowed to enter the holiday homes and avail the facilities in absence of his/her Identity Cards.
12. What facilities will be provided at Holiday Homes?
The following items only once at the time of occupation of the rooms : toilet soap (small) – one, washed towel – one, washed bedsheet/bed-cover – one set, washed pillow covers – one set, fresh toilet-paper roll are provided by caretaker.
13. What are the charges for the catering service if provided?
The Catering charges will be settled by the Guest concerned only wherever the facility is available.