Central Government Holidays for the year 2009 – DoPT Order
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel and Training
North Block, New Delhi
Dated, the 11th June, 2008
Subject: Holidays to be observed in Central Government offices during year 2009- reg.
It has been decided that the holidays as specified in the Annexure -I to this O.M. will be observed in all the Administrative Offices of the Central Government at Delhi / New Delhi during 2009. In addition, each employee will also be allowed to avail himself of any two holidays to be chosen by him out of the list of Restricted Holidays in
Annexure – 11.
2. Central Government Administrative Offices located outside Delhi I New Delhi shall observe the following holidays compulsorily in addition to three holidays as per para 3.1 below:
1. REPUBLIC DAY
2. INDEPENDENCE DAY
3. MAHATMA GANDHI’S BIRTHDAY
4. BUDHA PURNIMA
6. DUSSEHRA (VIJA YA DASHMI)
7. DIWALI (DEEPAVALI)
8. GOOD FRIDAY
9. GURU NANAK’S BIRTHDAY
10. IDU’L FITR
11. IDU’L ZUHA
12. MAHAVIR JAYANTHI
14. PROPHET MOHAMMAD’S BIRTHDAY (ID-E-MILAD)
3.1. In addition to the above 14 Compulsory holidays mentioned in para 2 , threeholidays shall be decided from the list indicated below by the Central Government Employees Welfare Coordination Committee in the State Capitals, if necessary, in consultation with Coordination Committees at other places in the State. The final list applicable uniformly to Central Government offices within the concerned State shan be notified accordingly and no change can be carried out thereafter. It is also clarified that no change is permissible in regard to festivals and dates as
1. AN ADDITIONAL DAY FOR DUSSEHRA
4. RAM NAVAMI
5. MAHA SHIVRATRI
6. GANESH CHATURTHII VINAYAK CHATURTHI
8. RATH YATRA
11. SRI PANCHAMII BASANTA PACHAMI
12. VISHUI VAISAKHI / VAISAKHADI / BHAG BIHU / MASHADI UGADI /CHAITRA SAKLADI /CHETI CHAND I/GUDI PADA 1ST NAVRATRA / NAURAJ
3.2 No substitute holiday should be allowed if any of the festival holidays initially notified subsequently happens to fall on a weekly off or any other non-working day or in the event of more than one festival falling on the same day.
4. The list of Restricted Holidays appended to this o.M. is meant for Central Government Offices located in Delhi I New Delhi. The Coordination Committees at the State Capitals may draw up separate list of Restricted Holidays keeping in view the occasions of local importance but the 9 occasions left over, after choosing the 3 variable holidays in para 3.1 above, are to be included in the list of restricted holidays.
5.1 For offices in Delhi I New Delhi, any change in the date of holidays in respect of Idu’l Fitr, Idu’l Zuha, Muhurram and Id-e-Milad, if necessary, depending upon sighting of the Moon, would be notified by the Ministry of Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions after ascertaining the position from the Govt. of NCT of Delhi. [Read More ]