Central Government employees who are participating in any of Sports events of National/ International importance will be entitled to claim Travelling Allowance in accordance with the TA rules applicable to them
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
North Block, New Delhi
Dated: 8th May 2020
Subject: Participation by Central Government Servants in sports events and tournaments of National/ International importance- Clarification-reg.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Department’s OM No. 6/1/85-Estt.(Pay-l) dated 16.07.1985, on the subject cited above, and to say that para 3(iii)of this Department’s OM dated 16.07.1985 is amended as under:
“Central Government employees who are required to travel to a station other than their headquarters for participating in any of the events mentioned in para 3(i) of this Department’s OM dated 16.07.1985 , will be entitled to claim Travelling Allowance for such journey in accordance with the TA rules applicable to them.”
In their application to the employees of Indian Audit and Accounts Department, these orders are issued after consultation with the Comptroller & Auditor General of India, as mandated under Article 148(5) of the Constitution.
This OM will be effective from the date of its issuance.
Hindi Version will follow.
(A. K. Jain)
Deputy Secretary to the Government of India
All Ministries / Departments of Government of India.
Copy also forwarded to:
- The Comptroller & Auditor General of India.
- Secretary General, Supreme Court of India.
- Controller General of Accounts / Controller of Accounts, Ministry of Finance.
- Union Public Service Commission / Lok Sabha Sectt. / Rajya Sabha Sectt. / Cabinet Sectt. /Central Vigilance Commission / President’s Sectt./ Vice President’s Sectt. / Prime Minister’s Office / Niti Aayog.
- Governments of all States and Union Territories.
- Department of Personnel and Training (AIS Division) / JCA /Admn. Section.
- Secretary, National Council of JCM (Staff Side), 13-C, Feroz Shah Road, New Delhi.
- All Members of Staff Side of the National Council of JCM / Departmental Council.
- All Officers I Sections of Department of Personnel and Training I Department of Administrative Reforms & Public Grievances / Department of Pensions & Pensioners’ Welfare I PESB.
- Joint Secretary (Pers), Department of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance.
- Additional Secretary (Union Territories), Ministry of Home Affairs.
- Joint Director (OL), DoPT, North Block, New Delhi- for Hindi version of this OM
Events mentioned in para 3(i) of this Department’s OM dated 16.07.1985 is given below
In the case of Central Government servants who are selected for participating in sporting events of national / international importance, the period of the actual days on which they participate in the events as also the time spent in travelling to and from such tournaments may be treated as duty. Further if any pre participation coaching camp is held in connection with the above mentioned events and the Government servant is required to attend the same, this period may also be treated as on duty. Consequently the existing provisions regarding grant of special casual leave for the purpose mentioned in this item may be treated as cancelled