Read the following:-
1. G.O.Ms.No.40, Finance (Pay Cell) Department, dated: 22-02-2017.
2. G.O.Ms.No.189, Finance (Pay Cell) Department, dated 27-06-2017.
The Government of Tamil Nadu in the Government Order first read above constituted an Official Committee to examine and make recommendations on revision of scales of pay and allowances for State Government employees and teachers including employees of Local Bodies and revision of pension, family pension and retirement benefits based on the decisions of the Government of India on the recommendations of the Seventh Central Pay Commission and the High-Level Committee constituted by it for revision of allowances other than Dearness Allowance.
2. The Official Committee was also requested to submit its report to Government within four months i.e. on or before 30-06-2017. On the request of the Official Committee, 2017, its tenure was extended in the Government Order second read above upto 30-09-2017.
3. The Official Committee, 2017 has submitted its report to Government on 27-09-2017. The Government after careful consideration of the report of the Official Committee, 2017 has decided to accept its recommendations and pass the following orders:
NEW PAY STRUCTURE:
4. The existing system of Pay Bands and Grade Pay applicable to State Government employees and teachers including employees of local bodies shall be replaced by new system of level based Pay Matrix in a manner similar to that adopted by the Government of India for its employees. Accordingly, Pay Matrix as in Schedule-III and Schedule-IV ofthe Tamil Nadu Revised Pay Rules, 2017 shall replace the existing system of Pay Bands and Grade Pay. The Pay Matrix shall comprise of two dimensions viz. horizontal range and vertical range:
(i) In the ‘Horizontal Range’, level corresponds to a functional role in the hierarchy and has been assigned level numbers 1, 2, 3 and so on, till 32. The level numbers correspond to Grade Pays in the existing system. Movement from one level to a higher level would take place due to movement to a higher functional role, including that due to promotion.
(ii) In the ‘Vertical Range’, each step denotes ‘pay progression’ within that level, and indicates the steps of annual financial progression of three percent in each level, corresponding to one increment. Movement along vertical range arises due to sanction of annual increment or grant of Selection
Grade/Special Grade / stagnation / bonus increment.
5. Schedule-I and Schedule-II of the Tamil Nadu Revised Pay Rules, 2017 indicate the pay levels for Government employees on time scales of pay and employees on special time scales of pay respectively corresponding to their grade pay under the existing system. Schedule-III and Schedule IV contain the Pay Matrix for employees on time scales of pay and employees on special time scales of pay respectively.
6. In the Pay Matrix, the minimum pay at Level-1 is Rs.15,700 and maximum pay at Level-32 is Rs.2,25,000 in respect of employees on time scale of pay.
FITMENT AND FIXATION OF PAY :
7. Fitment factor of 2.57 shall be applied uniformly to all employees while fixing pay of existing employees in the pay matrix, irrespective of their present grade pays or corresponding new levels. Pay plus grade pay of an employee at any level as on 1-1-2016 (Pay in the Pay Band + Grade Pay) shall be multiplied by a factor of 2.57 for the purpose of fixing the pay in the pay matrix.
OPTION FOR THE DATE OF MIGRATION TO THE REVISED PAY STRUCTURE:
8. Every existing employee shall be permitted to determine his date of migration to the revised pay structure by choosing any of the following options:
(a) to migrate to the revised pay structure with effect from 1st January 2016; or
(b) to continue in the existing pay structure until the date when his/her next or any subsequent increment falls due or until he/she vacates his/her post or ceases to draw pay in that pay structure and migrate to revised pay structure on such date; or
(c) to migrate to revised pay structure from the date of promotion between 1-1-2016 and the date when the Tamil
Nadu Revised Pay Rules, 2017 are notified.
FIXATION OF PAY AND INCREMENTS IN THE REVISED PAY STRUCTURE:
9. The fixation of pay and increments in the revised pay structure shall be governed by the Tamil Nadu Revised Pay Rules, 2017 appended with this order.
SELECTION GRADE AND SPECIAL GRADE SCALES OF PAY :
10. The existing scheme of providing two increments for Selection Grade / Special Grade on completion of 10/20 years of service shall be continued in the revised pay structure also for employees holding posts in Level-1 [Employees holding the Ordinary Grade Posts in the existing Grade Pay Rs.1300/-] upto Level-23 [Employees holding the Ordinary Grade Posts in the existing Grade Pay Rs.5700/-]. Accordingly, such employees moving to Selection Grade/ Special Grade on or after 1-1-2016 shall be granted two increments in the same Level in Pay Matrix on that date.
Read More : Tamil Nadu Revised Pay Rules – 7th CPC Pay And Allowance