Navy Officers Pay Regulations 2017 – 7th CPC for Navy Officers
[TO BE PUBLISHED IN THE GAZETTE OF INDIA, PART-II, SECTION 4]
MINISTRY OF DEFENCE
(Department of Defence)
New Delhi, the 3rd May, 2017
SRO________. In exercise of the powers conferred by Section 184 of the Navy Act, 1957 (62 of 1957), the Central Government hereby makes the following regulations,namely:-
1. Short title and commencement:-
(1) These regulations may be called Navy Officers Pay Regulations, 2017.
(2) They shall be deemed to have come into force on the 1st day of January, 2016.
2. Application:- Save as otherwise provided by or under this regulation, these regulations shall apply to Naval Officers including Special Duties List who were on the effective strength of the Navy as on 1st day of January, 2016; and to Cadets or Midshipmen who were undergoing pre-Commission training on the 1st day of January, 2016, and to those trainee Officers who join the service after that date:
Provided that these regulations shall not apply to Officers of National Cadet Corps (NCC) and re-employed Officers.
3. Definitions. In these regulations, unless the context otherwise requires:
(a) “existing basic pay” means pay drawn in the prescribed existing Pay Band and Grade Pay orpay in the existing scale, but it does not include any other types of pay like Special Pay, MSP, etc;
(b) “existing Pay Band and Grade Pay” in relation to an Officer means the Pay Band and the Grade Pay applicable to the rank held by the Office as on the date immediately before the notification of these regulations, in a substantive capacity