Continuous Empanelment Scheme for private Hospitals, diagnostic centre under CGHS
F. No. S. 11045/36/2012/ CGHS/HEC
Government of India
Central Government health Scheme
Nirmani Bhawan, New Delhi
Maulana Azad Road, Nirman Bhawan
New Delhi 110108
dated the 10th December, 2014
Subject: – Initiation of Continuous Empanelment Scheme for private Hospitals, diagnostic centre exclusive eye centres and dental clinics under CGHS.
With a view to ensuring comprehensive health care to CGHS beneficiaries, CGHS has been, apart from the Government Hospitals, empanelling private hospitals, diagnostic laboratories, exclusive eye centres and dental clinics by floating tenders periodically. The latest tender process in this context commenced in the January 2014. Even the already empanelled hospitals (including dental clinics and eye centres)/ diagnostic centres under CGHS were required to submit the bids under this tender process. Through this process package rates for different treatment procedures and investigations have been notified in 2014. As a part of this process, certain hospitals diagnostic laboratories and imaging centres which accepted these rates and also signed MOAs with CGHS have been notified in all CGHS cities except Mumbai.
2. However, it has been noticed that the number of hospitals, diagnostic Laboratories, exclusive eye centres and dental clinics notified in certain cities through the current e-tender process is not adequate to provide a satisfactory level of Healthcare to CGHS beneficiaries. Also, there has been little or no response in certain other cities, with the result a situation has arisen where CGHS is not in a position to provide to its beneficiaries the requisite healthcare due to lack of adequate number of hospitals, diagnostic laboratories and exclusive eye centres and dental clinics.
3. Accordingly, it has become necessary to introduce Continuous Empanelment Scheme, under which more hospitals, diagnostic laboratories and exclusive eye centres and dental clinics could be empanelled to take care of existing inadequacy.
4. In this background, it has been decided to invite willing hospitals, diagnostic laboratories, exclusive eye centres and dental clinics to apply for empanelment under CGHS if they fulfill the same eligibility conditions as defined in e-tender 2014 and accept the rates notified by CGHS as per 0M No. S-l 1045/36/2012-CGHs (HEC) dated 1st October, 2014.
5. Empanelment shall be for a period of 2 years or as applicable to other HCOs empanelled earlier in 2014 through e-tender whichever is earlier.
6. The continuous empanelment scheme would be in force initially in all CGHS cities except Mumbai upto 28th February, 2015.
7. The application form for the continuous empanelment scheme can be downloaded from the website of CGHS, www.mohfw.nic.in/cghsnew/indcx.asp.
Dr. (Mrs.) Sharda Verma
source : CGHS