Renewal of CGHS plastic cards in Delhi NCR
S 11011/1112014-CGHS (P)
Government of India
Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
Nirman Bhavan, New Delhi
Dated: the 12th March, 2014
Sub: Renewal of CGHS plastic cards in Delhi NCR – regarding.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Ministry’s 0.M No. S 11011/1/2014- CGHS (P) dated 10.02.2014 vide which fresh instructions were issued supplementing the existing guidelines on the issue of CGHS Plastic cards. In this regard attention is also drawn to this Ministry’s O.M. No. Misc. 6024/2007/CGHS(HQ)/CGHS(P) dated 27.12.2010 in respect of pensioner CGHS beneficiaries vide which it was clarified that :-
“The Plastic Cards (which are identity cards), would hereinafter be issued with validity till the pensioner beneficiary is entitled for CGHS benefits. In respect of pensioner CGHS beneficiaries, who have paid CGHS contribution for ‘Rest of Life’ CGHS facilities, the Plastic Cards would, hereinafter, be issued for ‘Rest of Life’.
The plastic cards already issued with a printed validity of five years to pensioner beneficiaries, who had paid CGHS contributions for ‘Rest of Life’ CGHS facilities, would be taken as valid for use for ‘Rest of Life’. However, such CGHS pensioner beneficiaries have the option to obtain new plastic cards after five years, if they choose to do so.”
2. Accordingly, the CGHS pensioner beneficiaries have the option to apply for new CGHS plastic card which are now being issued with validity for ‘whole life’ printed on the plastic card itself. However, the serving employees are issued CGHS plastic cards with validity of five years and they are due for renewal every five years on expiry of validity period indicated on their CGHS plastic card. Fresh cards are being issued in place of old cards on regular basis. Since the applications are being received for renewal of old cards in a very large number, it has created bottleneck and it is taking some time to issue fresh cards.
3. In light of the above, with a view to avoid inconvenience to the CGHS beneficiaries and to facilitate them in availing CGHS services, it has been decided to allow them to access CGHS facilities with the old cards for a further period of six months from the date of expiry of CGHS cards as indicated on their CGHS Plastic cards. However, they have to apply for renewal of CGHS plastic card in the prescribed Form as provided in this Ministry’s OM dated 10.02.2014 as referred to above.
4. In this connection, it is clarified that the beneficiaries who have already submitted applications for renewal of CGHS cards on expiry of their validity period and have so far not received fresh CGHS cards, they will not be denied CGHS facilities, provided the beneficiary is entitled to CGHS benefits as per CGHS guidelines.
5. A CGHS beneficiary is required to apply for new CGHS plastic cards three months in advance or within six months of expiry of validity of the plastic cards and it is recommended to keep a copy of the same as a proof of submission of application for renewal of card which can be produced on demand before the CGHS authorities, if required, for availing the CGHS benefits on the basis of old card.
6. CGHS Wellness Centres will provide the medical facilities to CGHS beneficiaries on the basis of old CGHS plastic card upto a maximum period of six months from the date of validity as indicated on the CGHS plastic card after due verification of the entitlement and validity of CGHS card as per CGHS data base.
7. The CGHS empanelled private hospitals / diagnostic centres are requested to provide the medical facilities on the basis of old card upto a maximum period of six months from the date of validity as indicated on the CGHS plastic card, subject to the condition that the CGHS beneficiary has submitted the application for renewal of CGHS plastic card, complete in all respect, to the CGHS card issuing authority.
8. This OM shall come into effect from the date of issue and will remain in force for one year or till further order, whichever is earlier.
[V. P. Singh]
Deputy Secretary to the Government of India