Union Minister of State for Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions and PMO Shri V. Narayanasamy and Minister of Information & Broadcasting Shri Manish Tewari will release seven documentary films on good governance initiatives here tomorrow. Six films have been produced by the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances and one by the Department of Pensions and Pensioners’ Welfare with an objective to promote good governance initiatives in the country.
These films are on the following subjects:
1. e-Sugam, a self policing system for Tax Compliance, Commercial Tax Department, Government of Karnataka.
2. A film on Pension Portal
3. Electronic Service Level Agreement, Government of Delhi
4. Health Management Information Systems, Tamil Nadu Health Systems Project, Department of Health & Family Welfare, Government of Tamil Nadu.
5. Crop Pest Surveillance and Advisory Project, Commissioner of Agriculture, Department of Agriculture, Government of Maharashtra.
6. Aarogyam, District Health Society, Bagpat & JP Nagar, Government of Uttar Pradesh.
7. Integrated Odisha Treasury Management System (IOTMS), Directorate of Treasuries & Inspection, Department of Finance, Government of Odisha.
The Department of Administrative Reforms & Public Grievances has been documenting and disseminating best practices of the Central and State Governments through various modes of communication such as documentary films, books, workshops and Conferences with an objective to promote the successful initiatives and facilitate their replication elsewhere in the country.
The documentary films are meant for diverse audiences such as probationers & other officers in national academies and State training institutes; delegates in conferences, seminars and meetings at Central, State, District, Panchayat levels; and for telecast on national network of Doordarshan or other television channels for general public. These films have been produced by the Department through the Directorate of Advertising and Visual Publicity.