Constitution of a Committee for Cadre Restructuring of the Central Secretariat Service (CSS)
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public grievances and Pensions
(Department of Personnel & Training)
Lok Nayak Bhawan, New Delhi -110003
April 25, 2013.
Subject: Constitution of a Committee for Cadre Restructuring of the Central Secretariat Service (CSS).
A Committee for cadre restructuring of the Central Secretariat Service (CSS) with the following composition and terms of reference is constituted:-
- (i) Establishment Officer & Additional Secretary, DoP&T — Chairman
- (ii) Joint Secretary (CS), DoP&T — Member
- (iii) Joint Secretary (Pers), D/o Expenditure — Member
- (iv) Director (CS-I), DoP&T — Member-Secretary
Terms of Reference:-
(a) To review the structure of CSS cadre, along with the feeder cadre, so as to harmonise the functional needs with the legitimate career expectations of its members.
(b) To assess the magnitude of stagnation in various grades of CSS and suggest remedial measures — both short-term and long-term, as to reduce promotional blocks and at the same time prevent gaps from building up.
(C) To suggest measures to enhance the effectiveness of service and capacity building of its members.
(d) To take into view the suggestions of the stakeholders, viz, participating Ministries, Associations and members of the service for cadre review.
(e) To examine any issue as referred to it by the cadre controlling authority of CSS and Central Secretariat Clerical Service (CSCS).
2. The secretarial services to the Committee would be provided by the CS Division.
3. This has the approval of the Honble Minister of State for Personnel.
Under Secretary to the Government of India
source : DOPT