Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Administrative Reforms & Public Grievances
Sardar Patel Shavan, Sansad Marg,
OPEN COMPETITION FOR THEME SLOGAN FOR DEPARTMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE REFORMS AND PUBLIC GRIEVANCES
The Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances invites entries from all its employees for drafting a slogan of 5-10 words for this Department towards developing a brand for the documentary films, books. advertisement, website and other activities. The slogan should be in HINDI or ENGLISH which must be catchy, simple and clear. The successful slogan will be separately awarded a prize and a citation for drafting the best slogan. All are requested to participate in the event and send their slogan to the undersigned by 15th February, 2013.
A background note on the activities of the Department is enclosed for reference.
Deput Secretary (D&D )
All Officers/Officials of Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances/ Notice Board/NIC for uploading on website.
DEPARTMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE REFORMS AND PUBLIC GRIEVANCES
Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG) is the nodal agency of the Government of India for administrative reforms as well as redressal of public grievances relating to the States in general and grievances pertaining to Central Government agencies in particular The Department is implementing c-office Mission Mode Project under the National eGovernance Plan The Department documents and disseminates information on important activities of the Government relating to administrative reforms, best practices and public grievance redressal through publications and documentation The Department also undertakes activities in the field of international exchange and cooperation to promote public service reforms
The mission of the Department is to foster excellence in governance and pursuit of administrative reforms through improvements in government structures promoting citizen centric governance with emphasis on grievance redressal, innovations in c-governance and documentation and dissemination of best practices
In pursuance of the mandate of the Department a number of activities are undertaken by the Department to popularise the good governance initiatives These are, inter alia, the following
(i) Civil Services Day. During which the Prime Ministers Awards for excellence in public administration are conferred.
(ii) National Conference on c-Governance during which the c-Governance awards are conferred.
(iii) Conference of Chief Secretaries.
(iv) Conference of AR Secretaries of States and Union Territories,
(v) Regional Conferences.
(vi) Collector Conference,
(vii) Workshop on Sevottam
The Divisions in the Department and the items of work dealt by them are as follows
• Administrative Reforms Division deals with the Reports of the Administrative Reforms Commission. Civil Services Day. Annual Conference of the Chief Secretaries of States/UTs, Annual Conference of the Secretaries of Administrative Reforms of States/UTs The Division also deals with the work related to the prime Ministers Awards for excellence in public administration
• ARC Division deals with monitoring of implementation of accepted recommendation of 2 ARC
• Public Grievances Division deals with the SEVOTTAM framework for benchmarking service delivery standards by the Government of India Ministries / Departments, development of A web-based Centralized Public Grievances Redress and Monitoring System (CPGRAMS). for improving public grievance redressal mechanism
• e-Governance Division deals with the Implementation of e-Office Mission Mode Project (MMP). one of the MMPs under the National e-Governance Plan (NeGP) of the Government Change Management Strategy and Business Process-Reengineering (BPR) frameworks have already been formulated and circulated to all the Central Ministries/Departments
• International Exchange & Cooperation Division deals with matters relating to international cooperation en the field of Public Administration and Governance, which includes organizing programmes as part of projects : bilateral measures taken up in accordance with the Memorandum of Understandings (MOU5) I Agreements signed between India and other countries (bilateral or multilateral). The purpose of the international cooperation component is to enable the sharing of information, best practice and personnel across national government
• Documentation and Dissemination Division’ deals with the activities of identifying, incubating, documenting and disseminating best practices through professional documentation, documentary films, books on good governance initiatives, regional conferences, and other periodic publications, Management in Government and Civil Services News
• ORGANISATION AND METHODS DIVISION deals with Result Framwork Document (RFD). Administration of Central Secretariat Manual of Office procedure. Record Retention Schedule (RRS). and Orientation Training phase-I