Today the INDWF –Indian National Defence Workers Federation is Celebrating its Golden Jubilee Year in New Delhi. A rally to Talkatora stadium is organized by the Federation as a part of the Golden Jubilee celebration. In which around 10000 of its delegates across India are expected to participate. Sources Close to the INDWF revealed that the Supreme command of the Congress Party Smt. Sonia Gandhi is also expected to participate in the Meeting to be held at Talkatora Stadium in the evening. The Prime Minister Dr.Manmohan Singh,Defence Ministers and Shri.Ragul Gandhi.are also invited to attend the meeting.
A list of around 30 Demands also been published by the Federation to put before the Government in its Meeting.The Federation Demands the Government, Particularly the Ministry of Defence that,
- The Defence Procurement Policy to be reviewed, so that privatization and out sourcing may be avoided.
- MACP should be granted to Central Govt.Employees on Promotional Hierarchy.
- VII Pay Commission for Central Govt.Employees should be constituted at the earliest so that it can be reviewed and implemented in time.
- Employment should be provided to the wards of employees those who are willing to go in VRS Scheme like in Railways.
- The Bonus ceiling to be removed and one full month salary may be granted as Bonus to all Central Govt.Employees
- One Increment should be granted to Central Govt.Employees whose annual increment falls between 01-02-2006 to 30-6-2006.
The Federation’s demand of constituting 7th pay commission well before the due date of next pay commission will be appreciated by all the Central govt. employees.