Subject: Nomination of Steno Grade ‘C’ for inclusion in the Select List of Steno Grade ‘A&B’ (Merged) of CSSS for the Select List Year 2099 under the Zoning Scheme for Seniority Quota (SQ).
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Department’s O.M. of even number dated 17/8/2010 wherein the range of seniority for promotion from Steno Grade ‘C’ to Steno Grade ‘A&B’ (Merged) of CSSS for the Select List Year 2009 has been laid down and to say that on the basis of information furnished by all the cadre units, it has been decided to make the nomination of Steno Grade ‘C’ whose names appear in the Annexure to this O.M. in the order of their seniority for appointment/promotion to Stenographers Grade “A&B’ (Merged) of CSSS under the Zoning Scheme on their inclusion in Select List 2009 (SQ).
2. The services of officers concerned may be obtained form the cadres concerned immediately provided they are clear form vigilance angle.
3. It is requested that urgent action may be taken to appoint/promote these officers to Steno Grade ‘A&B’ (Merged) of CSSS against the Select List 2009 (SQ). All the cadre units are requested to relieve their officers immediately for better cadre management of CSSS. No request for retention will be entertained as cadre allocation has been made on the basis of vacancies reported for Seniority quota by the respective cadre units. A copy of the appointment / promotion order issued in this regard by the cadre unit duly indicating the CSL number of the officers may be forwarded to this Department immediately.
4. Attention is also invited to this Department’s O.M.No. 16/1/79-CS.I dated 3.9.83 in which it has been stated that incase a person included in the Select List and nominated to some other cadre, does not move out within 45 days from the date of issue of nomination orders by this Department, such a person would be debarred from promotion for 3 years by the cadre where he/she is working as Steno Grade ‘C’. This may please be specifically brought to the notice of all concerned. These instructions regarding debarment will not apply to those officers retiring within the next two years from the date of issue of nomination orders by this Department. However, if they have to avail of regular promotion in Steno Gr. ‘A&B’ (Merged) of CSSS through SQ for the Select List Year-2009, they have to join the cadre to which they have been nominated.
5. The unfilled vacancies of ST category may be carried forward to the Select List Year 2010 since sufficient number of ST candidates are not available in the Central Panel (zone of promotion) for Select List Year 2009.
6. This O.M. is available on the website of this Department viz www.persmin.nic.in Central Services Wing CS Division CSSS Promotion (Regular) Steno Gr ‘C’ to ‘A&B’ (Merged).