Documents required for Admission in KV Schools for Academic year 2016 -17
- For Class I, certificate of proof of age in the form of a birth certificate issued by the authority competent to register births. This will include certificates from Notified Area Council / Municipality / Municipal Corporation extract about the date of birth from records of Village Panchayat, Military Hospital and service records of Defence personnel or Affidavit. For other classes, the date of birth recorded in the transfer certificate issued by a school recognized by the State Education Department would be accepted. The original certificate of date of birth should be returned to the parent after verification. Admissions up to class-VIII may be granted without any school transfer certificate provided the child is otherwise eligible and his birth certificate has been issued by a Govt. body or affidavit.
- For grandchildren of Hon’ble Member of Parliament and PSU employees a proof of relationship of either of the child’s parents with the Hon’ble Member of Parliament or PSU employees would be needed.
- For grandchildren of KVS employee a proof of relationship would be required.
- A certificate that the child belongs to the Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/EWS/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) /BPL/Differently abled, wherever applicable, issued by the competent authority in concerned State Government/ Union Government. The certificate in respect of either of the parents may be accepted initially, for the purpose of admission, if this certificate is not available for the child. However, the certificate in respect of the child has to be submitted within a period of 03 months from the date of admission.
- A certificate from the civil surgeon/rehabilitation centre or any other competent authority defined by the Government of India O.M. No. 36035/5/88/Estt.(sct) dated 4.5.1999 certifying the child to be handicapped, wherever applicable. In case, where the handicap of the child can be visually seen by the Principal, the child may be accepted as handicapped even without a certificate. However, the parent may be advised to obtain the relevant certificate from the competent authority and submit the same to the school.
- A service certificate showing the number of transfers during the preceding 7 years duly signed and stamped by the head of office bearing the name, designation and other relevant particulars in block letters.
- A certificate of retirement for uniformed Defence employees.
- Proof of Residence.
(i) Mere registration will not confer a right to admission.
(ii) Incomplete application forms shall normally be rejected. In case vacancies remain, Principal may allow completion of the form later at his discretion.
(iii) Admission secured on the basis of any wrong certificate shall be cancelled by the Principal forthwith and no appeal against such action of the Principal shall be entertained.
(iv) When a child is registered for admission in class I in a Kendriya Vidyalaya but, before declaration of the selection list, his parent is transferred to another station, the child should be deemed to have been registered for admission in the Kendriya Vidyalaya at the station of posting even if the last date of registration at that place has expired. The registration form in original is transferred to the Kendriya Vidyalaya of new place of posting and a photo copy of the same be retained in the school where the child was initially registered.
(v) In respect of Category I, II, III and IV admissions, the veracity of the Certificates submitted by the parents in proof of their service must be invariably verified by the Principal.
Source : www.kvsangthan.nic.in