7th CPC Notification issued for Officers and Employees of Supreme Court
7th CPC Notification for Officers and Employees of Supreme Court of India was published on 23rd September 2016 by Order and under the authority of Chief Justice of India. The copy of the resolution is given below
The Gazette of India
Part I – Section 1
Published by Authority
No.302 New Delhi, Friday, September 23, 2016/Asvina 1,1938
Supreme Court of India
New Delhi,the 23rd September, 2016
No. F.6/2016-SCA(I).—The Seventh Central Pay Commission (Commission) was set up by the Government of India vide Resolution No. 1/1/2013-E.III (A), dated the 28th February, 2014. The Terms of Reference of the Commission also includes the Officers and Employees of the Supreme Court. The period for submission of report by the Commission was extended upto 31st December, 2015 vide Resolution No. 1/1/2013-E.III(A), dated the 8th September, 2015. The Commission, on 19th November, 2015, submitted its Report on the matters covered in its Terms of Reference as specified in the aforesaid Resolution dated the 28th February, 2014.
2.The Chief Justice of India, after consideration, has decided to accept the recommendations of the Commission in respect of the Officers and Employees of the Supreme Court in the manner as specified hereinafter.
3.The Chief Justice of India has accepted the Commission’s recommendations on Minimum Pay, Fitment Factor, Index of Rationalisation, Pay Matrix and general recommendations on pay without any material alteration in respect of Officers and Employees of the Supreme Court.
4. (1) The Pay Matrix, in replacement of the Pay Bands and Grade Pays as in force immediately prior to the notification of this Resolution, shall be as specified in Annexure I in respect of Officers and Employees of the
(2) With regard to fixation of pay of the Officers and Employees of the Supreme Court in the new Pay Matrix as on 1st day of January, 2016, the existing pay (Pay in Pay Band plus Grade Pay) in the pre-revised structure as on 31st day of December, 2015 shall be multiplied by a factor of 2.57. The figure so arrived at is to be located in the Level corresponding to employee’s Pay Band and Grade Pay or Pay Scale in the new Pay Matrix. If a Cell identical with the figure so arrived at is available in the appropriate Level, that Cell shall be the revised pay; otherwise the next higher cell in that Level shall be the revised pay of the employee.
(3) After fixation of pay in the appropriate Level as specified in sub-paragraph (2) above, the subsequent increments in the Level shall be at the immediate next Cell in the Level.
5.There shall be two dates for grant of increment namely, 1st January and 1st July of every year, instead of existing date of 1st July; provided that an employee shall be entitled to only one annual increment on either one of these two dates depending on the date of appointment, promotion or grant of financial upgradation.
6. The Commission’s recommendations and Chief Justice of India’s decision thereon with regard to revised pay structure for Officers and Employees of the Supreme Court as specified at Annexure I and the consequent pay fixation therein as specified at Annexure II shall be effective from the 1st day of January, 2016. The arrears on this account shall be paid during the financial year 2016-2017.
7. The recommendations on Allowances (except Dearness Allowance) having been referred by the Government to a Committee which will submit its report within a period of four months, till a final decision on Allowances is taken based on the recommendations of the said Committee, all Allowances will continue to be paid to Supreme Court Officers and Employees at existing rates in existing pay structure, as if the pay had not been revised with effect from 1st day of January, 2016.
8. The recommendations of the Commission relating to interest bearing Advances as well as interest free Advances have been accepted with the exception that interest free Advances for Medical Treatment, Travelling Allowance for family of deceased, Travelling Allowance on tour or transfer and Leave Travel Concession shall be retained.
9. The recommendations of the Commission for increase in rates of monthly contribution towards Central Government Employees Group Insurance Scheme (CGEGIS) for various categories of employees having not been accepted, the existing rates of monthly contribution shall continue.
10. As requisite sanction for upgradation has been received and upgraded scale have already been implemented, the list of cases of upgradation of pay scales of posts recommended by Seventh Central Pay Commission in which no action is required is specified at Annexure-III.
11. The Chief Justice of India has approved for setting up of an Anomalies Committee by the Registry to examine individual, post-specific and cadre-specific anomalies arising out of implementation of the recommendations of the Commission.
12. The Chief Justice of India wishes to place on record their appreciation of the work done by the Commission.
By Order and under the authority of Chief Justice of India.
M.V. RAMESH, Registrar(Admn.I)