Finance Ministry Instructions for Pay Fixation and Payment of Arrears
The arrears as accruing on account Of revised pay consequent upon fixation Of pay under CCS Rules. 2016 with effect from 01-01-2016 shall be paid in cash in one installment along with the payment Of salary for the month Of August, 2016
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department Of Expenditure
(Implementation Cell, 7 CPC)
Room No. 214, The Ashok
New Delhi, the 29th July, 2016
Subject: Implementation of the recommendations of the 7th Pay Commission- Fixation of pay and Payment of arrears – instructions Regarding
The undersigned is directed to refer to the Government of India, Ministry of Finance, Department Of Expenditure’s Resolution No. 1-2/2016-IC dated 25/07/2016, bringing out the decisions of the Government On the recommendations of the 7th Central Pay Commission as well as the consequent promulgation of the Central Civil Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2016, notified vide G.S.R NO. 721(E) dated 25th July, 2016 regarding fixation Of pay in the revised pay structure effective from 01.01.2016 and to say the provisions governing such fixation Of pay have been clearly enunciated in the said Rules.
2. Accordingly in pursuance of the CCS (RP) Rules, 2016, appropriate necessary action to fix the pay of the employees covered thereunder in the revised pay structure needs to be carried out forthwith in accordance with the provisions contained therein. In order to facilitate a smooth and systematic fixation of pay, a proforma for the purpose (Statement of Fixation of Pay) is enclosed at Annexure. The statement of fixation of pay in revised pay structure as per CCS (RP) Rules, 2016 be prepared in triplicate and one copy thereof be placed in the Service Book of the employee concerned and another copy made available to the concerned accounting authorities [Chief Controller Of Accounts/Controller Of Accounts/Accounts Officer] for post-check.
3. The revised pay structure effective from 01.012016 includes the Dearness Allowance of 125% sanctioned from 01.01 2016 in the pre-revised pay structure. Thus, Dearness Allowance in the revised pay structure shall be zero from 01.01.2016. The rate and the date of effect of the first installment of Dearness Allowance in the revised pay structure shall be as per the orders to be issued in this behalf in future.
4. The decision on the revised rates and the date of effect of all Allowances (other than Dearness Allowance), based on the recommendations of the 7th Central Pay Commission shall be notified subsequently and separately. Until then, all such Allowances shall continue to be reckoned and paid at the existing rates under the terms and conditions prevailing in the pre-revised pay structure as if the existing pay structure has not been revised under the CCS (RP) Rules, 2016 issued on 25.072016
5. The contributions under the Central Government Employees Group Insurance Scheme (CGEGIS) shall Continue to be applicable under the existing rates until further orders,
6. The existing system on interest free advances for medical treatment, Travelling Allowance for family Of deceased, Travelling Allowance on tour or transfer and Leave Travel Concession shall continue as hitherto.
7. The arrears as accruing on account Of revised pay consequent upon fixation Of pay under CCS Rules. 2016 with effect from 01 012016 shall be paid in cash in ..CLICK TO CONTINUE READING