Application of the first proviso to Rule 10 in case of those who had been granted stagnation increment(s) in the pre-revised pay scales
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
North Block, New Delhi-110011
Dated the 4th July, 2014.
Subject: Central Civil Services (Revised Pay) Rules. 2008 — application of the first proviso to Rule 10 in case of those who had been granted stagnation increment(s) in the pre-revised pay scales
The undersigned is directed to invite a reference to the first proviso to Rule 10 of the CCS (RP) Rules. 2008, which provides that in the case of persons who had been drawing at the maximum of the existing scale for more than a year as on the 1st day of January, 2006, the next increment in the revised pay structure shall be allowed on the 1st day of January, 2006.
2. Attention is also invited to the Clarification No.5 contained in this Ministry’s 0M No.1/1/2008-IC doted 29.1.2009, clarifying that in all cases where a Government Servant has been granted an increment (whether normal annual increment or stagnation increment) after January. 2005. no increment will be allowed on 1.1.2006 at the time of fixation of pay in the revised pay structure.
3. It has now been brought to the notice of this Ministry that the pay of those employees who had reached the maximum of their pre revised pay scale and had also been granted stagnation increment(s)
prior to 1.I.2006 in the applicable pro-revised pay scales, come to be fixed at o lower stage vis-a-vis the employees who had drawn pay at the maximum of the some pre-revised pay for a period of more than one year as on 1.I.2006 and had been allowed one increment in the revised pay scale as on 1.1.2006 as per the first proviso to Rule 10 of the CCS (Revised Pay) Rules. 2008.
4. The matter has been considered and the President is pleased to decide that, in partial modification of this Ministry’s aforesaid 0M No.1/1/2008-IC dated 29.1.2009, the increment on 1st January. 2006, as envisaged under the first proviso to Rule 10 of the CCS(RP) Rules. 2008. shall be allowed to those employees also who had reached the maximum of the applicable pre-revised pay scale more than one year before 1.1.2006 and were in receipt of stagnation increment(s) in the applicable pre-revised pay scale as admissible in terms of the orders in vogue prior to 1.1.2006, provided their pay in the revised pay structure was fixed on 1.1.2006 with reference to the same pro-revised pay scale exactly as per the Fitment Table prescribed in this Ministry’s 0M No.1/1/2008-IC doted 30th August, 2008.
5. In so for as persons sorving in the Indian Audit and Accounts Department are concerned, these orders issue after consultation with the Comptroller and Auditor General of India.
6. Hindi version of this Office Memorandum is attached.
(Amar Nath Singh)
Deputy Secretary to the Government of India
source : FINMIN