NFIR asked its unions views to submit 7th pay commission
National Federation of Indian Railway men
3. CHELMSFQRD ROAD. NEW DELHI -110 055
Affiliated to :
Indian National Trade Union Congress (INTUC)
International Transport Workers’ Federation (ITF)
The General Secretaries of
Affiliated Unions of NFIR.
Sub: Submission of Memorandum to 7th Central Pay Commission — reg.
Please find enclosed a copy of DO. letter No.7CPC/l 9/Memorandum/13 dated29.04.2014 received from Smt. Meena Agarwal. Secretary, 7th Central Pay Commission,New Delhi requesting NFIR to submit its Memorandum by 30th June 2014.
2. In view of the above, NFIR has to work towards preparation of a comprehensive memorandum to be submitted to 7th CPC in any case before 30th June, 2014.
3. The Affiliates are therefore requested to hold meetings involving experienced and knowledgeable staff belonging to various categories and prepare a detailed case with appropriate suggestions on proposed pay structure, allowances, incentives etc.
4. It is suggested that category-wise briefs should be prepared and sent to the federation
5. The aberrations, anomalies, imbalances created by successive Pay Commissions more particularly 5th & 6ih Central Pay Commissions should be listed in a cogent manner and sent to the federation.
6. Particulars relating to entry qualification, nature of job, working conditions, health hazards, working at remote places etc. should also be highlighted in the note being prepared for each category as well as each department.
7. Suggestion/ News relating to various allowances, additional increments, honorarium etc. may also be furnished to the federation.
8. Useful information like duty lists, additional responsibilities due to technological changes, quantum of work load, and stress and strain on the employees should also be highlighted in the brief for further action.
9 The Federation urges upon all the affiliates to give top priority to the above and ensure that the proposals with detailed background material reaches the Federation latest by 20th May, 2014 to facilitate the federation to hold interaction sessions at New Delhi during the last week of May, 2014 for finalizing of NFIR Memorandum.
Encl: As above.
Copy to the Office Bearers of Federation. Zonal Secretaries and Working Committee Members of NFIR with request to actively associate with affiliated unions for preparing proposals and ensuring submission to NFIR by the target date indicated in this letter (i.e. 20th May, 2014). A copy of D.O. Letter of Smt. Meena Agarwal, Secretary, 7th Central Pay Commission, is also enclosed.
Copy to NFIR Media Centre.