Maximum age limit for recruitment of Ex-servicemen in the Public Sector Banks/Financial Institutions
Guidelines on reemployment of Ex-servicemen in Public Sector Banks/Financial services have been issued vide the Ministry of Finance, Department of Economic Affairs (Banking Division) (Now Department of Financial Services) OM No.261/16/89-SCT(B) dated the 30th May, 1990.
The OM prescribes the following maximum age limit for recruitment of Ex-servicemen in the Public Sector Banks/Financial Institutions:
1. Security Guard/Armed Guard – 45 Years
2. Clerical cadre – 50 Years
3. Sub-staff cadre other than Security Guard/Armed Guard – 50 Years
4. Chief Security Officer – 55 Years
5. Security Officers – 40 Years
The Public Sector Banks do not have any Assured Career Progression Scheme (ACP) similar to Government.
The above information was submitted as in the written reply in Rajya Sabha on 12th Dcember 2013 by the Minister of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions Shri V.Narayanasamy.