EPFO Makes Further Progress MORE than 10 Lakh Claims Settled by EPFO in October, 2013: EPFO Stresses on Complaint Resolution
The Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) settled 10,21,922 claims during the month of October, 2013. This number is 28% higher than the claims settled in the month of September, 2013. 72% of these claims were settled within 10 days while remaining 28% were settled within 30 days. EPFO’s efforts in grievance redressal has paid dividends. Number of complaints in Central Public Grievances Redressal System (CPGRAM) has come down to less than 100. No. of grievances in Employees Provident Fund internet Grievance System (EPFiGMS) which has been activated lately have also got reduced from more than 25,000 to less than 5,500. Shri K.K. Jalan, Central Provident Fund Commissioner expressed his happiness over the fact that 108 offices out of 123 offices of EPFO do not have a single complaint pending for more than 30 days.
These data were revealed during a meeting convened today by the Central Provident Fund Commissioner (CPFC) Shri K.K.Jalan. He also informed that the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation got a receipt of 5,689 crores as remittances during the month of October, 2013 through 4.86 lakh establishments, which filed electronic challans cum return. He was also happy to note that a annual account updation software which was launched in September, 2013 has resulted into updation of 8.21 crores annual accounts till October, 2013.
EPFO also launched Online Transfer Claim Portal (OTCP) to take care of 13 lakhs transfer claims, normally received during the year. It also launched two other softwares, one which allows change of name of an employee and another which allows calculation of interest as well as of penal damages to be recovered from defaulting employers. The launching of these software will help in reducing the grievances as well as help in recovery of thousands of crores pending for years.
Shri K.K. Jalan also congratulated the staff for bagging Financial Inclusion and Payment System award for the year 2013, which has been awarded to the Employees Provident Fund Organisation as more than 93% of claims are paid electronically and more than 99% of pensioners got pension through core banking solution account number as on November 1, 2013.