Payment of Dearness Allowance to Central Government employees – Revised Rates effective from 1.1.2013 – Finance Ministry order
The Ministry of Finance, today, issued the order for payment of dearness allowance to central government employees with effect from 1-1-2013. Having dearness allowance increased to 80% from 1-1-2006, the arrears for the last 3 months from January, February and March has to be paid separately. The copy of the order is given below..
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
North Block, New Delhi.
Dated: 25th April, 2013.
Subject: Payment of Dearness Allowance to Central Government employees – Revised Rates effective from 1.1.2013.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Ministry’s Office Memorandum No.1(8)/2012-E-II (B) dated 28° September, 2012 on the subject mentioned above and to say that the President is pleased to decide that the Dearness Allowance payable to Central Government employees shall be enhanced from the existing rate of 72% to 80% with effect from 1 January, 2013.
2. The provisions contained in paras 3, 4 and 5 of this Ministry’s O.M. No. 1(3)/2008-E-II(B) dated 29th August, 2008 shall continue to be applicable while regulating Dearness Allowance under these orders.
3. The additional installment of Dearness Allowance payable under these orders shall be paid in cash to all Central Government employees.
4. These orders shall also apply to the civilian employees paid from the Defence Services Estimates and the expenditure will be chargeable to the relevant head of the Defence Services Estimates. In regard to Armed Forces personnel and Railway employees, separate orders will be issued by the Ministry of Defence and Ministry of Railways, respectively.
5. In so far as the persons serving in the Indian Audit and Accounts Department are concerned, these orders issue in consultation with the Comptroller and Auditor General of India.
6. The Hindi version of this O.M. is also attached.
Under Secretary to the Government of India
All Ministries/Departments of the Government of India (as per standard distribution list).
Copy to: C&AG, UPSC, etc., as per standard list, (with usual number of spare copies).
source : FINMIN.NIC.IN