Launch of RTI web portal for online filing of RTI application
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
North Block, New Delhi
Subject: Launch of RTI web portal for online filing of RTI application.
A Web Portal namely RTI Online with url https://rtionline.gov.in has been launched. This portal, developed by NIC, is a facility for the Indian Citizens to onlinefile RTI applications and first appeals and also to make online payment of RTI fees.
The prescribed fees can be paid through Internet banking of State Bank of India and its associate banks as well as by Credit/Debit cards of Visa/Master, through the payment gateway of SBI linked to this site.
2. At present, this facility is available only for Department of Personnel and Training (D0PT). It is planned to extend this facility to all the Ministries/Departments of Govt. of India within a month. This facility is presently not proposed to be extended for field offices/attached/subordinate offices.
3. This system would work as RTI MIS also. The details of RTI applications received through post should also be entered into this system. The system would also provide for online reply of RTI applications, though reply could be sent by regular post also.
4. It is requested that full co-operation may be extended for the successful implementation/roll out of this facility. First of all, it is necessary that the RTI Nodal Officers, officials of RTI Cell and all the CPlOs/FMs of the Ministries/Departments are trained to use this facility. Arrangements have been made to provide training to the RTI Nodal Officers, RTI Cell officials and the NICRT personnel attached with the Ministries/Departments, by DoPT with the help of NIC, within next 2-3 weeks. The schedule for such training would be intimated to the RTI Nodal Officers directly. It is requested that training for all the CPlOs and FMs may be organized by the concerned Ministry/Department, through these officers trained by D0PT/NIC.
5. The screen shot of the home page of the portal, the terms and conditions and copy of the O.M.No.1/1/2013-lR dated 08.04.2013 issued in respect of DoPT are enclosed for information.
6. The contents of this OM may be brought to the notice of all concerned.
source : DOPT
for more detail : http://ccis.nic.in/WriteReadData/CircularPortal/D2/D02rti/1_1_2013-IR-D.pdf