Ayush Scholarship Schemes for Foreign Students
Government of India through the Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR)has been offering scholarships to foreign students to pursue Ayurveda Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy coursesin India since 2005. The resurgence of AYUSH at international levelhas resulted in growing demand from foreign students to study in Indian Institutions. Keeping this in view, the Department of AYUSH had proposed to support foreign nationals under its international fellowship programme for undertaking AYUSH courses at premier institutions in India.Initially, the total number of scholarships for AYUSH courses was 30.Later on, another 20 scholarships were added under the International Cooperation Scheme. TheDepartment also introduced 20 scholarships to students of Malaysia.
Scholarships are provided for the following courses:
(a) Under Graduate courses
(1) Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS): 5 ½ year degree course including one year mandatory clinical training
(2) Bachelor of Siddha Medicine and Surgery (BSMS): 5 ½ year degree course including one year mandatory clinical training
(3) Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery (BUMS): 5 ½ year degree course including one year mandatory clinical training
(4) Bachelor of Homoeopathic Medicines and Surgery (BAMS): 5 ½ year degree course including one year mandatory clinical training
(b) Post Graduate Courses
(1) M.D. Ayurveda: 3 year course. Eligibility: BAMS degree recognized by CCIM.
(2) MD Siddha: 3 year course. Eligibility: BSMS degree recognized by CCIM.
(3) MD Unani: 3 year course. Eligibility: BUMS degree recognized by CCIM.
(4) MD Homoeopathy: 3 year course.Eligibility: BHMS degree recognized by CCH.
(c) Ph.D. Courses
(1) Ph.D in Ayurveda: 3 years course. Eligibility: MD (Ayurveda) degree recognized by CCIM.
Procedure for application
ICCR sends the offer letter for scholarships to Indian Missions abroad. Offer of scholarships are advertised by the Indian Missions in countries where the scholarships are offered. Application forms for scholarships are available with the Indian missions. Interested students are required to submit six complete sets of applications forms at the Missions.