Government of India
Ministry of Personnel. Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel and Training
3 Floor. Lok Nayak Bhawan,
Khan market, New Delhi-110003
Date: 1st January. 2013
Subject: Recruitment of Stenographers Grade D’ in CSSS through Stenographers Grade C’ & ‘D’ Examination. 2011 conducted by Staff Selection Commission (SSC)-nomination of qualified candidates reg.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Department’s O.M. of even number dated 15th May. 2012 on the subject noted above vide which nomination of candidates of Stenographers Grade ‘D’ of CSSS for the Select List year 2011 was issued by this Department. The examination dossiers in respect of 03 more candidates for appointment as Stenographer Grade ‘D’ in CSSS have been received from SSC. Accordingly. they are nominated to the different Cadre Units of CSSS as listed in the Annexure to this O.M. in the order of their merit for appointment as Stenographer Grade ‘D’ of CSSS.
2. Since these candidates have neither been medically examined nor have their character and antecedents been verified, the Cadre Units are requested to complete their pre-appointment formalities before they are actually appointed as Steno Grade D’ latest by 31st January. 2013
3. In accordance with instructions for the candidates’ relating to this Examination, qualified candidates are required to submit their original certificates for verification to the authority who will give them the Offer of appointment. The appointing authorities may, therefore, call for the original certificates and check the relevant particulars from them regarding date of birth, educational qualifications, and claims for ORC/SC/ST/Ex-servicemen/PI-l and claim in respect of age relaxation. If any discrepancy is found in any particular case, the SSC may also be informed about it with a copy to this Department.
4. In pursuance of the instructions contained in para 2.5 of the brochure regarding reservation in service for Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribes circulated with the Ministry of Home Affairs O.M. No. 1/2/61-SCT (I) dated 27” April. 1962. The responsibility for verification of the claims of the SC’ST/OBC candidates is that of the appointing authority. The candidates may, accordingly, be offered appointment provisionally subject to their furnishing the prescribed caste certificate in the prescribed form within a reasonable time, which should he verified by the appointing authority.
5. In cases where the candidates are already employed in the Government offices, the Offer of appointment may be sent to them through their respective offices. Copies of Offer of appointment issued to them may kindly be forwarded to this Department and the Staff Selection Commission. The date of their joining the duty may also be intimated along with their roll number and rank number to this Department and Staff Selection Commission as soon as possible.
6. The Offer of appointment should be sent only by Registered Post. If the postal authorities return the letters undelivered. the letter along with the envelopes containing remarks by the postal authorities should be retained for record. In such cases a copy of the offer of appointment should be sent to the permanent address of the candidates, if it is different from that of the initial mailing address. The dossiers of such candidates should be returned to the SSC only if the second letter is also returned undelivered under intimation to this Department.
7. At least five weeks time from the date of issue of the Offer of appointment should be given to a candidate to respond to the Offer of appointment. A registered reminder may be sent immediately after the expiry of five weeks time, if necessary. If the candidate does not join duty within 3 months from the date of first letter, his candidature may be cancelled. However, if the candidate further makes a request for extension of joining time and on consideration by the Cadre Unit it is decided to grant him/her extension beyond 3 months, he may be asked to join within stipulated time and he may also be informed that on joining the post his seniority would be depressed as per provision made in DoP&T ‘s O.M. No. 9/23/71-Estt.(D) dated 6.6.78 as amended vide O.M. No. 35015/2/93-Estt(B) dated 9.8.1995.
S. The dossiers of candidates are forwarded herewith and these should be retained, on their appointment in the Ministry/Department/Office, as part of their Service Book, It may specially be noted that the dossier shall be deemed to be authentic only if the photograph of the candidate in the dossier is EMBOSSED with the special stamp of the SSC. Before taking any further action, it may please be ensured that the photograph of the candidate in the dossier is duly embossed and in case any discrepancy is noticed, the matter may be referred to the SSC without any delay.
9. If any candidate fails to report for duly or there is no response or the offer is declined, after a registered reminder, the Offer of appointment should formally be cancelled and the candidate be informed accordingly. The dossiers of such candidates should be returned thereafter to the Staff Selection Commission directly under intimation to this Department after placing a copy each of the Offer of appointment, reminder thereof and the cancellation memo, in the respective dossier. The dossier(s) should be returned under the signature of the officer to whom the same were sent in your office, He/She should also sign the list of dossier(s) which is/are returned with the letter.
10. These Steno Grade ‘D’ would be nominated for induction training in the ISTM shortly. The dates of the induction training programme would be intimated to all the Cadre Units in due course. All the Cadre Units shall relieve these Stenographers Grade ‘D’ for the induction training programme at the ISTM as and when they are nominated.
11. All Cadre Units of CSSS are requested to ensure that in case some staff have been outsourced for stenographic assistance by showing the vacancies of Steno Grade ‘D’. the same may be reduced proportionately keeping in view the number of Steno Grade D’ nominated to the respective Cadre Units. The Financial Advisers of all the Cadre Units are also requested to ensure that outsourced stenographic assistance is proportionately reduced as the nominated steno Grade ‘D’ join in the Cadre Unit.
Under Secretary to the govt. of India
for DOPT OM and ANNEXURE visit at : http://ccis.nic.in/WriteReadData/CircularPortal/D2/D02csd/StenoD1113.pdf